A couple of houses in constant need of renovation.
Nearly 60 critters.
Welcome to Almost Farmgirl.
Welcome to Secondhand Hearts.
I named my ranch Secondhand Hearts because I believe in second chances, for me, for you, and for the creatures that have made their way into my care.
From this little corner of the blogosphere, I write about rescues, second chances, life, loss, love, and llamas. Some of you are just here for the llamas, and that’s ok. Some of you need to be reminded that you can do hard things. Some of you found yourself here looking for a touchstone on your journey through divorce. A lot of you clicked on a pin about the true cost of an egg. And all of you are welcome!
If you want to stay in touch, follow this blog via wordpress or email, or contact me using the form below. If you want to see lots of cute photos of llamas, horses, ponies, alpacas, cats, dogs, chickens, and the occasional turkey or hedgehog, follow me @ almostfarmgirl on Instagram or Facebook.
4 thoughts on “About”
Hiya, Cherity! Just wanted to let you know I really enjoy your blog and have nominated you for the Liebster Award — there’s no trophy or sash, but you’ll hopefully have a warm fuzzy feeling of being appreciated (and cross-promoted).
Official rules with variations: http://wordingwell.com/the-liebster-award-the-official-rules-my-first-blog-award-and-a-few-personal-secrets-revealed/
I totally understand if this is not your bag and if you don’t want to pick up and carry the torch — no problem, and no offense taken. In any case, I hope the extra traffic across your site from my own links will be helpful and appreciated.
Here are your questions:
1. Why did you start your blog, and why did you choose this name?
2. What is your idea of the perfect night out?
3. What is your favorite article of clothing and why?
4. If you were a pizza, which one would you be?
5. Name your top 5 all time favorite guilty-pleasure songs.
6. If you could choose to live on any island, which would it be and why?
7. What is the farthest you have travelled? What brought you there?
8. Beatles or Stones?
9. If you could be any breed of chicken, which one would it be? Why?
10. Who do you want to be when you grow up?
11. How much wood does a woodchuck actually chuck? (It’s one of the burning issues of our time…I can’t believe no one has ever properly answered it, but go on… have at it!)
Sounds like you have found a happy life. So many don’t. Congratulations.
Oh, wow. You are following me. That is really awesome. Thank you. Now I will really have to step up my game.
Love the farm, love the animals, thanks for sharing!
I’ve nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. You can read about it at https://riddlefromthemiddle.com/2016/01/31/versatile-blogger-award-two/. This my way of saying I love your work; there is no obligation.